Saturday, February 26, 2011

Hate

I think the strongest word there is must be hate. As kids we toss the term around with I hate you to anybody that dares anger us. I don't think we actually even understand what hate is at younger ages and some seldom do. I remember on more than one occasion hearing the words, "Now you really don't mean that", and all the while the anger raging inside said yes you do. Hate eventually though grows inside as we do eventually feel it if we say it often enough.

I have met hateful people over the years, consumed with discontent, but here lately even more these days. Just look at driving down the road. If you don't see at least one hateful person then guess what, it might be you... or, you are not paying attention. Spending most of my life a professional driver I think there isn't much that would surprise me. usually the most hateful drivers were the calmest, sweetest acting people when they got away from the vehicle. Nothing says love like pushing the car in front, finger taping, pointing, or giving the finger, while the car says God is my Co Pilot on the front and a fish symbol on the back as they nudge the car in front at a red light, damning anyone who dare needs out.

I don't think it is always wrong to hate and I think we all hate something. I personally hate lies and certain foods. It is when hate consumes you that it is bad, and when hate for anything, especially people, rules you. After a while you begin to think of things and people to hate, and that burns away happiness. Hate is like a raging fire which can be constructive or destructive, but at all costs must be feared, respected, and well managed.

Hate is often bred out of fear, misunderstanding, or a lack of self worth. It can be bred out of being around or wronged without forgiveness of another's actions. It breeds no acceptance of a difference, a fault, a weakness of one's self or another. The only thing I can think of worse than hate is loathing, which first starts with hate. It enslaves a person as it consumes and drives out all that is good.

Often times we hear, "You can't make me happy", or say "I can make you happy". Nobody can make another happy. One has to desire to be happy. One has to want to be content. If we spent even a fraction on the time working on being content and thankful for what we have, hate would be a lot less. Picking out the celery if you will. This world does indeed feed hate to us, everyday, we just have to spit it back out. Let me give you an example.

My mom has a recipe for dressing. It has Celery in it, not exactly something I like, neither did my wife and come to find out neither did mom. I told my wife just what I was told by my mom when I said it was delicious all but the celery. Well, just spit it out and enjoy it anyway. That is kind of like life. You spit out the bad things and enjoy the good things. Just leave them be for once they are out an on your plate they are gone. It it wasn't for the bad things we would never know what a good thing is.

Some people make it easy to hate them, but life isn't about being easy, it's about being right. Who knows, through your actions, or where hate is concerned, lack thereof, they may just change. It is almost a given that they will piss you off again, but then again, you are bigger than that... bigger than this world. Or, as my mom use to say, you are better than that.

Practice being not hateful. You have that guy in front of you who seems to have left out 2 days before he needed to be there, be nice. You eat that food that has an element that you don't like, eat around it. You run into a hateful person, smile and be nice. I'm not saying roll over and play dead, just do not lower yourself to their depth. I guarantee you that you will be happier, and eventually hate will become dislike after a while. Hate and all that goes with it will slowly fade away.

Hate is also a factor in Heaven. There ain't no hate there, and that is a strong hint of what not to do here. Get rid of hate that is not properly placed and then the world will hate you, and that is just fine too. Now here is a funny thing I see. I know a few who go to church regularly and as soon as church lets out, they seem more in touch with hate than love. What is that? They leave like they are escaping a fire, fussing at each other and everybody else that comes in their path. They have even learned which groups to place their hate in, while basking in a false glory and pride of themselves for making what seems a sacrifice by going.

I had a lady one time driving up the road stop where we were working on a fence one Sunday. We had livestock in the field and it was in need of repair at a section. She made the point to stop and inform us that it was Sunday and seemed to be rather perturbed that we were working on it. I ask her where she was headed in which she replied that SHE, and she stress the words, had just been to church and that they were going out to eat lunch. Indeed her SUV was packed, all ages, and it looked as if most were in agreement, all save the younger children who had fear in their eyes. I explained that we had to get the fence fixed because we had animals in the field. She then informed me that it was a sin to work on Sunday. So I asked her if she knew that Sunday was the first days of the week, not that I had a problem with that. Then I asked her which was worse, to work on Sunday or to force someone else to work and serve you. Wasn't it Jesus that said God made the sabbath for man not man for the sabbath, I asked. Since it was only family working with me we weren't forced nor were we getting paid. She however was forcing someone to work indirectly and so that she could be served none the less. She cursed and sped off. It made my glad that I didn't go to that church, nor would I ever go there. She seemed to be gleaming with hate and false pride, judging all to Hell that did not see it her way.

Hate is such a force used by Satan that is used in one term or another 179 times in the Bible. If you are to be a Christian then that word, when referring to other people, is not ok. When you hate you cannot forgive, truly forgive, and in doing so can be damned to Hell. God's not going to damn you to Hell, your doing it to yourself. I'm not sure about you but I grant no man the power over me to place me in jeopardy or Hell. Nobody has the power to put me there but me. Someone might piss me off, make me mad, but not make me hate them, not anymore. Life is too short for that. I wasted part of my life doing the hate thing which works well with the non-forgiveness and none acceptance.

Some of the most hateful forums I have joined or been to have been the ones with what is suppose to be a Christian theme or basis. I have found more compassionate people at ones that either do not make that claim or that are comprised mostly of Atheists. What is wrong with that picture? They list what they hate and whom they hate, mostly whom they hate. That is one reason when I join one I am usually silent. There is always some information and some good people there who separate themselves without knowing they do, being full of what God demands.

You would not believe the joy that one can have once you do away with that word. The Freedom. I'm not as versed on the Bible as many but then again I read a preacher once say, "It's not where you are in the Word, it is where the Word is in you. So here is a few that sticks out:

Matthew 24:9 (King James Version)

9Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.

John 15:18 (King James Version)

18If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.

1 John 2:9 (King James Version)

9He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now.

Matthew 5:44 (King James Version)

44But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

2 comments:

  1. Just got done watching your story and wanted to say thank you for sharing it with all of us.

    Selina

    ReplyDelete