Thursday, February 3, 2011

Prayer

This one I'm writing on Prayer and praying. This is what I feel is correct and have read about. Please study though and see what the scripture says to you.

  I hear a lot of people say some petty wild prayers, even see them typed out. Some are beautiful and some, well they just never seem to end. I am very watchful on prayers and if I will take a part in them. Prayers are important, so important that the word Prayers is mentioned 24 times in the Bible, Prayering is mentioned 20 times, whle Pray is 306 times and praying 20 times. But are all prayers correct and if not then what is correct, and can one pray yo a false god? This is an important thing. It is a direct phone line to God and Jesus.

   I once had a doctor that after a mad burst of cussing everybody in the waiting room come into the chamber where we were to be treated and decided to pray. At the end of his prayer he said Amen and so did everybody but me. Anger and shock hit his face and he asked if I believed in God. He knew that each of us were dependent on the medicine he was in charge to administer and he also knew there were none around like what he had to offer. We were trapped and maybe that was some of his shock as our very physical lives wee dependent upon him and this treatment. He was even more shocked when I replied. "Yes, I do believe in God, but I think we have different gods." His prayer was not started and ended according to what Jesus taught and his actions were not the actions of a Christian. I'm sure he saw that I was totally sincerely and not just making a foul remark. While I will not call his name I will say that if he reads this he will know as will his staff. I've heard that he is in very bad shape and I would say to him that I am praying for you. You see, physical life means nothing without spiritual life. While I could have saved my life I would have jeopardized my soul, and that was a no brained in my opinion. Now, back to the task at hand.

 So what does Jesus say about these long wonderful prayers we hear?

Matthew 6:
5And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.  6But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.
 7But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.
 8Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.

Again in Luke 11 prayer is mentioned, but we will get back to that later when the prayer is placed up.  Time and times again we see Jesus heading off away from the people to pray to God the Father. Due to that I do my prayers by myself and in the fashion and words that Jesus said to pray. I do admit that I question just who someone is praying for with the lengthy prayers or praying a prayer online by typing it out. But, that isn't for me to judge but at the same time it is for me to stay alert for my own soul, least I get caught in the same trap.

  I pray to God the Father in Jesus' name, and here is one reason why, 1 Timothy  5For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Given that along with the way in which Jesus prayed and said to pray. I truly believe this to be the truth. I also am quite aware that the name God is a title and there are many gods. While they are not the real God it compromises your soul but worship to another god with prayer. Remember the golden calf, it wasn't a real god either but it sure did make God mad. Prayer to anybody other than God the Father is no different than those who pray to other gods. So rather than taking any chances that my prayers not be heard, I stick by the book. So, without further delay, here is the way to open communications with God:

Matthew 6:
 9After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
 10Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
 11Give us this day our daily bread.
 12And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
 13And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.
 14For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:
 15But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses. 

Luke 11
1And it came to pass, that, as he was praying in a certain place, when he ceased, one of his disciples said unto him, Lord, teach us to pray, as John also taught his disciples.  2And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth.
 3Give us day by day our daily bread.
 4And forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil. 



No comments:

Post a Comment