Friday, August 31, 2012

A Letter

   OK, this is mostly to those who supervise, be that as an employer or a parent, and mostly to those who are Christian, in word only. It was rather disappointing to hear that a friend spewed out the famous line that I heard for almost 25 years at UPS. It was the one where "If I figured the hours I put in here, I'd be the least paid." While I'm fairly sure that sometimes happens, it is more an Urban Legend, better known as  lie. There may be a week or two but as a whole, it's pure bull chips. You know it when you say it and the more times you say it you lie, thats all. It doesn't become truth with repetition nor exaggeration. I can give you the top 10 worn out lies I heard at UPS over the years told to us and at customers I'd overhear. That has to be number 1 followed by "Do you know how hard I work for You." One would think with all the monies spent on Spin Doctors (Think Tanks) that someone would come up with something new.

   I'm not surprised but at the same time I am. Just a little let down that you would lower yourself, but I'm nobody. You explain nothing to me nor will I ask, you will do that with God one day rest assured. While it is such a small lie and a small thing it is small grains that make up a beach and drops that fill the ocean. There is Grace though but the catch is you must repent. In the Bible which you are so quick to quote it is referred to as taking up your cross and following Jesus. Grace steps in where one trips and stumbles, even falls... by accident, not by intentionally doing it over and over and over again. We all add grains to our beach we build unintentionally, adding them on purpose is just wrong. It matters not that the ones above you are corrupt, the choice is yours to make. 

  One of the people I worked for is a deacon in the church who made the news a while back. Do you realize that he is the reason some went the opposite way, and some of us shunned church for the same reason. People he went to church would repeat over and over how good this guy is, I smile and say yes, somewhere there must be good in him. His actions and training while at work affected his him life, or maybe that is why he was picked, think chicken and egg scenario. The truth at work was not found in him, he excelled at that. It would eventually cost four people's lives. Now maybe they could have been saved and maybe not, but do as I say not as I do didn't work. While the whole of people called him a hero, I guarantee he knows somewhere deep inside he isn't. The more he was waxed the colder he became. 

  At UPS it is like training how they have supervisors use, manipulate, lie (twisting the truth is a lie). I have friends who said they taught it and even demanded it. I made the statement back then to many of them and I know make it to you. There is only one you. One you that answers to God. Do you really think He will say, ok, that was at work so it don't count. Like the guy I mentioned who wouldn't know truth if it bit him in the butt, the way you now go, bad comes from bad, like an attraction. Call it karma, justice, seed sowing, pick a label, bad never produces good nor good produces bad. Its a slow fade laced with shades of grey on the trip to darkness.

  You are one person at all times and one cannot serve 2 gods, and that is what your actions suggest. This especially works for those who hold position above another. The more you are given the more temptation you will have, the more is expected. The Christian God is a God of love and truth. It does not matter where you are in the Word but rather where the Word is in you. To supervise is to rule, pray that God doesn't rule you as you do others. Pray even harder that the god you serve doesn't get to serve you back. Now even supervisor has a supervisor, and that is no excuse. You are responsible for you and you alone, plus those you have effected along your way.

  I think I'm finished writing now. This was suppose to be to start with.       

No comments:

Post a Comment