Sunday, August 12, 2012

Are We There Yet?

When we're born the clock begins to tick towards our expiration date. We don't get to ride by paying more or less, the price of admission is paid by your parents. Birthright also doesn't count, here, the fair is the same and the length of stay is the length. I actually don't think what we do, short of idiotic stuff, that determines how long we stay. For some it is never long enough, for some it's too long, and others it is just right. The mark of a good ride is the measurement of the duration one has after the ride is over. It is what we do during those moments that count while we're here.We are all special and created for just that special job, that special life or serving others.

    This trip is measured by success. It matters not that you leave riches or poor, but what one done with what they had. When you, I, or the richest ,man and woman die how much do you think they leave behind? It's the same answer of what the poor man did... all of it. We do get to take something with us though... our love for those close around us. Love from relationships we make. At 52 I've seen several come and go now, and with this body and cancer I know my ride will be shorter, and I say Amen. I pray I die as financially  poor, for they have the most friends, the most love me. How many people have you lightened their hearts and caused then find joy in making their own. Lay not your treasures upon the earth, nor in yourself, but upon God. In doing so you lay the best treasures you can even have, 

No comments:

Post a Comment