Monday, May 7, 2012

Have no idea

  I actually stopped and listened to a preacher on the radio today, first time in quite a while I listened to the whole broadcast. Chip Ingram, and I hope I spelled that right. He is the last of the ones besides the preacher at the church we've been to lately. The more I actually learn the less I like. It was either Hitler or one of his goons that said if you tell a lie long enough and loud enough and repeat it people will believe it, and that is what the word Christian has become. I see now what I saw back when I was young except this time rather than listening to people regurgitating and twisting truth I'm not walking away, I stand firm in my beliefs. I read and learn more and more each day and the more I learn the more I find I don't know that I want to know. Then again, all above a few things is optional reading and one shouldn't forget to mix other historical and present day things just for fun as well. So a few things I've learned. I promise there is a point to this all.

  When I was young people said God didn't like men with long hair. That to me just didn't sound right. I grew my hair down to my belt and all the while I heard that, yet I read about Samson and Delilah. Then I look over at a picture of Jesus hanging in the church and guess what, His hair looks pretty long. When I questioned that I was told I was getting smart with whomever and even told once the depiction was wrong. This lead me to ask why a picture that was incorrect be placed of our Lord in what was suppose to be His house.... I wasn't invited back. The women (and I won't call names) sat and talked, peering at me occasionally, twisting back and forth while I sat there. Their sons had short hair and appeared to be sweet clean cut boys, but appearances were deceiving. They done crap I wouldn't dare do. They did have nice clothes though and mine were adequate. God really don't care what you look like, but He does want your best... inside.

  I finally quit for a while and decided to go to a girl's church who her dad said she had better bring the boy she was interested in. She invited me to the back seat the first night we met, actually the first and last time we met and I take it most of what she went for didn't take, or she was rebelling one. He took one look and after I done a handshake and didn't shake like he did, that was it. He didn't have a clue that his daughter partied and I didn't. Actually, he didn't know his daughter done a lot of things, most I probably wouldn't have and never have. That was followed by the time I went with a girl and an old man who I thought was dead coming in, suddenly screamed out, after looking comatose. He looked to be 100 years old and wore out tired. As he screamed he jumped up like a rocker at a concert. It scared me so bad, I thought he was having a heart attack, so I jumped up and said "Oh Shit!!!" Of all the times for the church to be quiet, that had to be the time. Two seconds before and nobody would have heard me over the crowd. I didn't go back there out of embarrassment.

  My next attempt was while living with a girl who's dad was a preacher. He screamed and done this heyya thing. I can't really explain it. When he called for prayer everybody jumped up and ran to the front of the church and started screaming prayers... I think. It seemed more like a competition or a side show attraction than a chat with God. I didn't know much but I knew better than that. But I get ahead of myself. My first wife and I went to a church and when we had trouble I asked the preacher if he could meet with us since we had a kid together. He looked his calendar over and set an appointment for two weekends away, said God had called him to be somewhere the next weekend. I went to a farm auction the next weekend and apparently God had called him out to go there and buy farm equipment. We separated and she left me and our kid and about a month went by and I went back, only more of a vindication type thing. He always made sure he was at the back of the church when it let out to shake people's hands and I guess bask in compliments. That day he took a check out of his pocket and said he was placing his whole check for that week in the offering plate and people should give theirs too. As I left he asked why we had not come to the appointment and he would make us another one, but he seemed pissed. I asked if we could bring her boyfriend too, I wasn't sure what their new number was.

   I got talked into going once again a few years later, and I went there every Sunday. I had no clue that the preacher belonged to the Southern Baptist Association. I delivered there for thirteen years and in all those years only heard God mentioned through the walls maybe once. What I did hear was how to milk the audience, but in fairness I was in and out. Get the signature then leave. When I met my wife she went with me to this church, even moved her membership over like I did. This preacher even preformed our wedding ceremony. I worked long hours at UPS and also farmed on the side so we only went for preaching. One day after a couple of years the preacher (again always was at the back of the church to shake hands)  leaned over and said, "Both feet in or both feet out." He leaned back over and smiled and I said, "Pardon", with a puzzled look on my face. He leaned back over and said, " Anthony, you need to get both feet in or both feet out. Sunday school, and evening service, plus Wednesday night. Both feet in or both out. " He leaned back with a big smile. I leaned over to him and said, "Well Hell, that's not a problem now is it." It would be years before I would go back other than a hit and miss type thing. Probably about twenty years.

  Up until I had a heart attack I became Agnostic. I figured that religion was just a way to control people and other than when I was young that was about all I'd ever seen. That night I found that God is real, many of the ones who say they represent Him that are fake. Their teaching are fake. Their motives are fake. Their intentions are real, but then again, to be fair, their are some that just go off what they've been told. Then there are good ones, real ones, ones that are real and pray for the answers. What they don't know they'll say they don't know and continue to learn. I finally have maybe found a church to go to, but even he has made mistakes. So far though he has been spot on more than spot off.

   I hear a lot of preachers preach the Old Testament and there are so good rules to live by. There isn't much that isn't covered, but that is Jewish and not Christian. Some scream Saturday and some Sunday for the Sabbath. Jesus slightly went past that saying that God made the Sabbath for man, not man for the Sabbath. The point is mute. It isn't that you can do what you want six days and keep one day for God, that ain't how it works. Then the what God has for us to eat and what not, or clean and unclean food as it is said. Jesus undone that too, but there is a special FYI on that, unclean food is artery clogging. I hear political parties each claiming Jesus, when He wasn't into politics, actually kind of unfriendly with it. I hear of churches who excommunicate members who don't comply. Isn't that like tossing a sick person out of the hospital? Then there is the numbers game, or that is what I call it. A preacher gets as many to be saved and or baptisted as possible. Baptism is a beautiful ceremony but not a requirement physically. Baptism is done by the Holy Spirit... Inside. David was dethroned and made God angry by numbers.   

  Then we go on some other stuff like is it right to be Gai? Nope. It's also not right to hate Gai or be mean to them. Is it right to have an abortion? No, but it isn't right to chastise someone who had one. Christians are not to do what the other faiths do, but nowhere does it say convert or die. Jesus wrote, with permission from His Father, a new Covenant for mankind. He fulfilled one and created a new one. I'll bet that most who claim to be Christian have no idea that Jesus only healed two non Jews and that the 12 Disciples were not allowed to preach to the Gentiles for after 7 or 8 years. Paul was an Apostle that never seen Jesus in His earthy suit but rather Glorified. I hear people say the biggest lie of all though, Jews are God's chosen people. That is nowhere in the Bible, nowhere. Abraham was an Israelite. Abraham's children became nations and one of them settled what is called Judah. While it's truth that 144,000 will be in Heaven, that is only 12,000 from each tribe. So this one I'll actually show the scripture,

    Revelation 7: 4And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel. 

But then this verse you never hear about.  

        7: 9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

  There have been many misrepresentations over the years and some thing we take as hard cold fact aren't, they are actually lies.

   In this world most go by what they've been told and just go through the motions. I love the ones who say, "You take from it what your given" or "everybody has a different explanation (or sometimes, understanding)."  Truth is truth, it does not sway.  I love the ones who say they are Zionists, that one brings on a smile. Are you Christian or Zionist, both do not belong together. Pick one. Zionism is a reincarnation of an older term in Matthew 3 about thinking birthright is a sure ticket, and I'll quote that one.

Matthew 7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?
Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance:
And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.
10 And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

  So basically if you are hearing the Old Testament being preached as something past the 10 Commandments were, and it's negative, you are at the wrong crush. Then you add all the things down in the New Testament. If your are hearing we must take care Israel. If you are hearing you should hate. You are at the wrong place. God will restore His Israel, but this one belongs to Rothschild. That isn't to say that everybody there is bad, but the leaders as a whole are and the agenda is. I'll give you a quote on that one too.

 Revelation 3:9
Behold, I will make them
of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

   I think we all have different roles to play here in this world and no one roll is better than the other. I have a friend who writes positive stuff and I love to read it. It is full of love, mercy, and compassion. Mine seems to be a little more stern and directed towards the hate that I see in most people that call themselves Christian with the my way of the highway attitude. Really, arguing over God's name? I couldn't write about Hindu or Muslim because I don't know the faiths, and that is ok. I think every group has some in it that is seen to be the icon for that group and don't actually represent the group as a whole. But as the saying goes, the squeaky wheel gets the grease and the media and governments seem to tell us what they want us to think. It's a big world folks and I can share as long as I'm allowed to live here too. Thing is, who knows, maybe they will want to change to my beliefs if they see a good representation of what they are, and if not, that's ok too.

  There is a reason that what is being taught is what seems to be everywhere and universally accepted. It is the same people who own most of the big ministries, TV and radio, books and publishers. Its a war and one that is being fought from within. If you can't defeat an opponent face to face you can let them defeat themselves from going within, like a virus in the body. Most people today can't relate Christmas without Santa Clause and most would think he has always been connected with Christmas, yet that isn't so. It was in the 50s that Coke decided to fatten the skinny man up and dress him out as he appears today. Big money was spent on Think Tanks who decided each small detail, nothing was left to chance. So if one goes back past the fifties, they'd have no clue what he is or was, and he looked nothing like the one presented today. Check out the history behind that, it will amaze you, and that is the way crap gets started. Well, that and shear repetition such as Hitler used.    

  So does being a Christian make someone better than the rest? No. Every religion makes one feel they are better than the other beliefs. The same goes with those who don't have a religion. Wars are started because somebody feels superior. Funny, when we feel superior we look inferior and act inferior. I love those "NO Fear" signs. If one has to put a sign on something to tell another person guess what, it's wishful thinking. But back on topic.

  The book of Matthew is seldom quoted and with just cause too, it dispels a lot of what we see these days being taught. Parts of it are being disputed by Scholars even today. Say what one will, Paul doesn't dispute or replace His teachings, and what is so bad about them? The Jews had the Romans crucify Him, and we'd probably, as a society do it all over again today. Like back then, not everybody would but the powers that be would, and I'm sure that many would hear sound bytes and jump for joy while heading off to do the motions of church between TV shows.

  We listen to those who take it too far or those who don't go far enough or those who have interpreted the meaning. We attack that which we do not know out of fear and insecurity. Prophets foresee the future. Try that now days and your wicked. Bet it was like that back then too. American Indians done a ceremony that was something white men hadn't seen before and were slaughtered. We read about it at Wounded Knee, and the list is a long list. So here is the thing. Atrocities are committed under the name of religion using people who are not religious. They have no beliefs or the beliefs in evil deities or gods. Belief that there is more than one god goes along with what Biblical teachings say, though there is only one Creator God.

   So being Christian requires observance of the 10 Commandments plus what Jesus taught, or the attempt to observe them. It requires no judgement on the person's part, save for their own lacking. The Old Testament has a lot of great lessons and does tell what pleases and displeases God, no different than you or I would write about what we like and dislike. Getting a tattoo, drunk, scaring the body, shaving the head probably won't get you into Hell, but God don't like it. There is no way to earn Heaven, but you are expected to try, or at least make peace. If you get to feeling better than someone try reading Matthew. By Grace are we saved and by following Jesus do we earn Grace. So I stop here with this thought and I have no idea what this was actually suppose to be headed off to say. Maybe it was just a rant done in a two day half asleep thing, maybe not. Be happy, peaceful, and humble. Enjoy today and see if you can make today enjoyable for someone else.

Matthew 11:       
16 But whereunto shall I liken this generation? It is like unto children sitting in the markets, and calling unto their fellows,
17 And saying, We have piped unto you, and ye have not danced; we have mourned unto you, and ye have not lamented.
18 For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, He hath a devil.
19 The Son of man came eating and drinking, and they say, Behold a man gluttonous, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners. But wisdom is justified of her children.


Anthony

  

1 comment:

  1. Anthony, our best guide is to go to the basics Jesus taught: Love God (who loves us all) with our whole being, love our neighbor as much as we love ourself, love ourselves, love and do good to our enemies.
    When we hate, we are spiritually ill. Jesus said he did not come to call the righteous to repentance, that it is the sick who need a doctor. He is the Great Physician.

    ReplyDelete