Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The End ???

I never watch the news but a friend keeps me abreast of events. So I hear that the end is near and a date is given. Too funny in a way yet sad in another. I'm not sure what to make of this event, and the ones who fell for it. It makes me to muse what is wrong with the world today. I really don't know the details behind it all, been too busy lately with life. Mark 13:22 "For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect."

So here is what I've been thinking (musing) about and like always it's just what I think, I could be wrong. Personally I think this is nothing more than a stunt to make Christians look foolish... again. I can't get past that want that people seem to need for a disaster. I wonder if people really consider the ramifications of the Second Coming. Perhaps we don't. I know I hope and pray that if I am here that day that I will go, but sadly people I love might not. People that I've met over the years, but it is not for me to say, who knows, they may go and I be left behind. Matthew 24:27 "For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be."

So when is the date? There isn't one in my honest opinion, it is not date driven and if it is then it is not for us to know. It goes along with when people ask questions like why did God do this or that. From what little I've studied there is an answer to why things are going wrong. This is the wrath of Satan and man, this is his and our doings. Eventually God will say enough and His wrath will come, but it is His own timing. Revelation 18:18 "Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six." The bad that is here and now are or in my estimation attributed to Satan and man.

I often think though the Second Coming will be scary. I know that I wonder what if He comes and I'm driving in traffic, or getting mad at someone, or doing something I shouldn't be doing like that. The blink of an eye. I'm by far a saint, so will I be doing good every blink of an eye? Probably not. In my thoughts I think it will be during or after the Tribulation. We ain't quite there yet. There are some really good books I've read, one of the books is "As The Days Of Noah Were".

I wonder if people really consider what Jesus was talking about when He said in Matthew 37, "But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be." It would take a book to write about that, and still we'd not be able to know it all. These were bad times. Rather than a quote I'll place a link HERE, read it slowly and well. I really don't want to be where for that.

So when is the end or the Second Coming? Who knows. I don't think we are at the end, but we're at the beginning of the end. Maybe God has decided to let us pick the date He returns, maybe not. It seems to be event driven and we have Freewill, so we can change it maybe. I can't see why a Christian would rush the end. I know plenty of good people that haven't accepted Jesus that are good people. So, when I hear people say the end should hurry, is that the Christian way. That to me is the forget everybody else, what about me thing. That ain't right.

Then some who mock Christianity say where is he now? Why hasn't He come yet? I usually smile and say, thank God He hasn't come earlier, for I would have not been ready. Maybe He is waiting on you. As abstract as that sounds, each of us is that important to Him. Maybe there is an event to put you closer to Him just around the corner, so pray that He waits for you.

This kind of goes along with where is it in the Bible about Dinosaurs. Simple, God didn't create them. That doesn't mean they weren't here and in Genesis 6 (there are other books too) that make quite clear what was happening. It also explains why scientist can't figure out what they were. Reptile or bird. But it gets deeper than that, much deeper.

So we look for signs and wonders, yet we're told not to look for them too. It gets kind of confusing until you ponder over that just a tad bit. We can know and see the signs and wonders and yet not dwell on them and certainly not look forward to them. "Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders," Matthew 13:3 "And in the morning, It will be foul weather to day: for the sky is red and lowering. O ye hypocrites, ye can discern the face of the sky; but can ye not discern the signs of the times?" There is just some many references to the signs, and they are happening now. But to truly see what else is lacking, we must refer back to the days of Noah. There is a good book called "As the days of Noah were" that paints a picture. Then on Chris White's site he has a lot of info on that too. And for those that think it's not in the Bible, they both quote scriptures.

Then again, at the rate we are going, it may not be long. That makes me sad. This world can slap a body down, suck at times, and seem drudgery. We climb the mountains and hills throughout life, but I want my kids and grandkids to have the same opportunity as I have had... better. Does this life compare to life with Jesus? No, but I think we're suppose to live it.

I would almost like to go through the Bible placing up events that are now beginning to be seem as common place that were written down thousands of years ago. There isn't any straining or stretching things to fit, they're there in black and white, we just read over them. But the end is not now... I don't think, but we are set on a course for it to begin to end. Now maybe we can change it and maybe we can't. Maybe we can slow it down, and maybe we can't. Whatever the correct answer is, I think we're suppose to try. If had He have wanted us to just lay around and watch...we'd be a Clam.

If I'm right and it is event driven, we have a ways to go, but we're covering ground fast. So how on earth would we know when? We won't. If you want your generations to make it or to have a life here in this realm, we have to change. I'll write on that too since that had been pressing on my mind to write about.

No comments:

Post a Comment