Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Trials and Tribulations - 2nd glance

  With the addition of bad news that came from my last follow-up, something occurred to me that had once before crossed my mind. Trials and Tribulations. In the last days we look for trials and who out there doesn't associate tribulation with the end of days. I, like many others, do believe we are in end days but not because of our tribulations--- rather because of other signs. Who among us hasn't had our share of trials and tribulations in ever day life? If you are normal and I would say blessed, you have had your share of these things. For many that will sound a bit crazy, that last sentence, but it is true. I would be the first to admit that an easier life would have been nice, but the trials and tribulations of this life have made me who I am. Right or wrong, I am who I am because of an uneasy life. As short as I fall now, I can't imagine how bad I would be if everything was smooth. You don't here that these days from "preachers" much, they know that the better you feel about yourself the more you will give. But what does the Bible say?

James 1: 2 My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, 3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. 4 But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.

  1 Peter 1: 6 In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while, if need be, you have been grieved by various trials, 7 that the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ, 8 whom having not seen[a] you love. Though now you do not see Him, yet believing, you rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory,

John 16:33 These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will[a] have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.”

Acts 14:22 strengthening the souls of the disciples, exhorting them to continue in the faith, and saying, “We must through many tribulations enter the kingdom of God.”

Romans 5:And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;

Romans 12:12 Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer;

   Now I could go on and one, there are many other quotes and stories on this subject, but that in and of itself should be enough, suffice to say, more than enough. Make peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment